Friday, June 02, 2006

How the Garden Grows


Grandma visited for a week and a half and planted the garden. We have okra, corn, squash, lemon cucumber, sunflowers, and watermelon.

Son, the horse from next door visited for a week and a half too. He mowed the pasture and fertilized it at the same time.

Follow the "Farm Photos" link to see the garden and the horse.

3 comments:

Phillip said...

That is so cool! I have always wanted to plant a veggie garden and maybe a spice garden.

I thought okra was spelled "ochra."

Terri said...

There is a color called ochre. I think it is dye or pigment made from a type of rock. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Okra is a strange seed pod that's popular in the south. It is coated in corn meal and fried.

Anonymous said...

Well that explains that! I had forgotten about this.