
- First, we have the classic baling twine, twisted to make it as tight as I can get it and have it still slide over the top of the post.
- Second is the regular garden gate latch. The little monsters can open that. In fact, Lola tried yesterday.
- Third, the goatie monsters are foiled from opening the gate latch by the clip that keeps the latch closed.
- Fourth, a chain with snap-hook lower down prevents undue pressure (goat leaning on gate) from moving the post enough to disengage the gate latch even though it is locked.
Whew! They haven't broken in in a while, thank goodness. Now that the corn, squash, onions, and tomatoes are sprouted, I hope this system holds up. Lola is cagey and the "boys" are hefty and persistent when it comes to getting at the greener stuff on the other side of the fence.
Since we've been dyeing with natural and plant dyes, I noticed this weed in the garden. Is it Woad?

It sure looks like this. If so, should I let it grow and use it for dyeing?
No comments:
Post a Comment